Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Wednesday Mumblings

I went to a fun Enrichment meeting at church last night. We had a service auction. Each person there thought of one or two services they could do for someone else and we auctioned them off. We all brought items to donate to a women’s shelter and bid using points from the items we brought or service that we already did this week. I donated two things: a sock dog made with the socks of your choice and a guided letterboxing adventure (because I had a few friends there who want to learn to letterbox). Two of my good friends ended up winning those things so it will be especially fun to do because I would have been happy to do those things for them anyway.

I won dinner at the McFadden’s (which was the item I wanted most because Anna McFadden is a great cook and the whole McFadden family is so nice; for example, Anna and her son Spencer volunteer to deliver meals on wheels and when my friend Heather was really sick during her pregnancy, Anna frequently visited to clean up her throw-up. That it is a real friend!). I love these service auctions because it’s so cool to find out all of these hidden talents my friends have. One friend donated juggling lessons and another said she would edit a school paper because she used to be an editor for the Chicago Sun Times. There was a girl who donated a haircut, another who will draw a portrait, and another who is an interior designer who will help select a paint color and paint a room. The list went on and on. What an amazing group of girls!

After the auction I headed home and Larry and I hung out with my older sister Candice, who spent the night so I could take her to the airport this morning. Candice is headed for Chicago where she will be the photographer for a scrapbooking event called Creating Keepsake University Album (CKU-A). In May she will be teaching at a CKU in Provo and another somewhere in Texas so this will be a good opportunity for her to see how things run and meet some other famous scrapbookers. In the meantime, her husband Mark will be heading for Disney World tomorrow for a second audition with Disney so Larry and I will be down at their home in Athens on Saturday so watch their kids.

Since I didn’t take any pictures last night I’m posting this one from my sister-in-law Keri instead.


That’s our nephew Jack with part of the birthday present that we sent him. He turned one in December and we just sent him his present because we were waiting for the newest pigeon book, Don’t Let The Pigeon Stay Up Late, to come out. I made him a matching red t-shirt with the Pigeon on it. He’s such a cute kid! I wish we lived closer so we could actually read the book to him.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute kid where can I buy one?

Anonymous said...

Don't let the pigeon have his own blog! Let's have a hot dog party!

Anonymous said...

I forgot is Candice your older or youger sister?..
You went to Athens, GA? sweet dude.
its your asian sauce btw...

Stephanie Ford said...

Candice is my older sister. My toung sister, Marissa, just got married in December and is living in Las Vegas. And unfortunately, not Athens, Georgia, but Athens, Ohio. It's a random place where two worlds clash; Ohio University, one of the top party schools in the country is there, and the rest of the town is small, quiet, and full of hippies.

Anonymous said...

But don't get her wrong, Athens is a bustling metropolis nevertheless. (Except for the bustling or the metropolis).

Anonymous said...

And can I add - what a cute child. Must be from cute stock.