Monday, September 11, 2006

Back to Life . . .

I hope that you all had a good weekend. Rachel's baby shower went well. I took a few pictures at the shower, but somehow I didn't end up with any pictures of Rachel. Instead here's a picture of the diaper cake that I made for a centerpiece.


Rachel, Heather, and Katherine stuck around after the shower and Larry ended up making lunch for us. It was nice to have some of my best friends from the ward together just to chat.

Larry spent the afternoon sleeping, which he desperately needed because he is working long hours, and I think he's beginning to feel a little burnt out. Luckily next month he's doing a rotation at the student clinic at OSU so his hours should a little better.

Of course our Saturday evening was spent watching the OSU vs. Texas game. You can't live in Coumbus this long without getting caught up in a little of the hype. We got together with some of the friends that we made our first year here. I love watching games with them because they are some of the biggest Buckeye Fans that we know. And they also happen to all be excellent cooks so we had a great dinner of egg rolls and chicken wings and Larry and I brought along Jeni's Ice cream for dessert. Since the Buckeyes won, it was a happy evening for all!

3 comments:

Cassie L. said...

The diaper centerpiece is sooo cute. So are those cloth diapers? Are they patterned? My eyes are bad:(

Stephanie Ford said...

They are just normal disposable diapers that I rolled up from the bottom to the top, then I tied all of the little bundles together.

Elisa said...

Painfully cute diaper cake! When my little sister has a baby I am going to make one, I love it!