Monday, March 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Dad!

My dad's birthday was this weekend and I had to tell you what Larry, Marissa, Mike and I got him, a pair of these:
Heelys! My dad saw some kids wearing them on our cruise in December and commented that he would love to have a pair and he thought it would be really cool to wear them on campus and skate into class to give his lectures (he's not your typical professor). The image that left in my head was too good to resist so I hope that he enjoys them! Keep practicing dad!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph:

Thanks for the great gift! I have to say though, using these things is a lot harder than all those kids make it look. It is going to take a lot of practice, but I think I'm up to the challenge.

Dad

I am Laura said...

Totally cool. I have always wanted a pair as well. Your dad will impress his students with his new shoes.

everything pink! said...

St. Patrick's Day is here, you see.
We'll pick some shamrocks, one, two, three.
We'll count the leaves and look them over,
And maybe find a four-leafed clover.
I'll sew green buttons on my vest,
Green for St. Patrick is the best.
I'll wear a green hat, very high,
And dance a jig--at least I'll try!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!