Monday, August 25, 2008

Creed takes a trip to Tahoe

Creed did remarkably well on the nine-hour drive to my grandparents' cabin at Lake Tahoe. We just relaxed with my parents and grandparents our first few days there. The downside of traveling without Larry was this is the only picture that I ended up with of my. In fact, I didn't take pictures of a lot of the things that I meant too because I always had my hands full with Creed. I wasn't sure what he would think of the beach. Would the water and waves scare him? Would the water be too cold? Would he try to eat the sand?

Well, I shouldn't have worried. He was fearless and charged right into the water until it was up to his chest. He giggled at the waves from passing boats. He was happy to spend hours playing in the sand. He was so busy that despite my best efforts, I couldn't even get him to look up for a picture.
He also loved watching grandma, aka the yoga queen, do a little yoga on the beach
And he loved playing in the sand with her too.
And grandpa spoiled him every morning by sharing his green drink. My parents have been on a diet and they drink a green shake every morning made with OJ, spinach, and a bunch of fruit. I can't get over the way it looks, but Creed LOVES it. He could not get enough.My sister Marissa and her husband Mike and baby Logan arrived Wednesday night so we headed back to enjoy the blue lake. This time we went kayaking and even Creed got in on the fun (although he's mad here because they arrived back on shore and I made him keep his life jacket on for one more picture). When we lived in Hawaii we had a house on the beach and spent a lot of time out on the ocean on our kayaks, boogie boards, row boat, wind surfer, and catamaran so it was nice to be out on a kayak again.
He just looked so funny all bundled up.
It was so fun to spend a little time with Marissa and her family. I kept wishing they didn't have to live so far away.
It was fun to see how much Logan has grown up. I have a feeling Creed and Logan will be great friends one day.
It was especially nice to arrive home in the wee hours to this site.
Larry has never made or even purchased a cake for my birthday before so I was totally surprised.
More trip details to follow. I'm off to unpack and sort some laundry.

7 comments:

Kelly L said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you had a good one! Tahoe is one of my favorite places in the world--it is so beautiful. Now that Caden's in school all day we should definitely get together and let the little kiddies play and also chat about book club.

s_delgrosso said...

Happy Birthday, Stephanie! I'm glad you got to be in such a special place with your little man. :-)

Reba said...

Happy birthday! I love Creed's face with the smoothie on it. And your hat in the first picture. You look so regal

Elisa said...

I think I knew this, but our birthdays are so close together! Mine is tomorrow...the cake is in the oven as I type!

No wonder you are so cool, with a yoga mom like that!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Marissa Joy said...

Isn't coming home depressing? We miss you guys! I wish that I would have thought of snapping a few shots of you with your Camera. I will have to send you the pics that I took. I love the ones you took although I look alittle crazy.
love you!

Brooke said...

Love, love, love the picture of Creed in the sand. Amazing. Tahoe is the best!(How is the kitchen remodel? Does it change the look of the cabin?)

Stephanie said...

Beautiful pictures! It sounds like it was a great getaway.