Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Preview on our October

I'm still behind on blogging because our October has been a little crazy. For the last year, Larry worked six days a week and then on Sundays we were busy with our callings at church so we weren't left with much time to spend as a family. I guess we've been trying to make up for that now that Larry is doing research for most of this year and has a fairly regular schedule. The first weekend in October, we spent the weekend at Bear Lake with our friends the Davids. The second weekend we called Lisa and Tyler on Friday afternoon and asked them if they wanted to head to Zions National Park for the weekend and we were off a couple hours later. The weekend after that we made another fairly last minute decision to go to Disneyland for the weekend and my mom made the trip with us to meet up with Eli and Brenna who were in CA for the BYU game. Then last weekend we threw a Halloween party for some friends in our neighborhood, and the preparations took over a lot of my week.

I feel like I need to catch my breath and just enjoy some of the everyday sites around here. Like the view out of my dining room window.
And the piles of leaves in my backyard.
And here's a little preview of Creed's unfinished Halloween costume. I let him watch way too much TV today while I finished it so more pictures are to come soon.
And PS- for the last month and a half, if you ask Creed what he's going to be, he promptly answers, "A Peacock!" He seriously has his little heart set on it so we will also be borrowing a peacock costume. Luckily, we have a friend who has one and several Halloween events to attend.

And PPS - Do you know how hard it is to find a peacock costume that does not involve a leotard or a tutu?

2 comments:

Laurel said...

He He He I can't believe you are actually MAKING that one! Not finished yet? It looks pretty good to me. =) Btw, I'm planning to get that to your mom's house this afternoon and will let you know once I do.

Can you believe I've lived in Utah almost all my life and have never been to Zion's??? I'm just glad for you and Creed that you have your Larry back!

Clark said...

So cute! Wyatt was a Wild Thing for Halloween, too. The costume took me forever to make, but it turned out so cute! I should have pics up on our blog soon (clarkandkristindray.blogspot.com). Miss you and all your amazing creativity. Thank goodness for blogs.
-Kristin