Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March Favorites

Kids' TV Show of the Month:
Team Umizoomi - It's Creed's new favorite and I get the theme song stuck in my head all the time.

Website of the Month:
www.kideos.com - Creed loves watching clips on Youtube, but now that he's so good at using a mouse, it makes me nervous even if I'm right next to him. Kideos is like Youtube except with only child appropriate clips so Creed can click to his heart's content and I can be across the room without worrying too much (but I still don't leave the room because you never know . . .)
Children's book of the Month:
The Curious Garden by Peter Brown. I'm craving spring so this book has been spinning through my mind. The illustrations are so charming.


Grown-up Book of the Month:
The Guernsey Literary and Potato-Peel Pie Society - It seems like everyone has been reading this, and I finally picked it up after Candice recommended it. It made me look forward to nursing in the middle of the night so I could read a little bit more.

Baby Item of the Month:
Pampers Swaddlers - Is it weird to be in love with a diaper? They were the only diapers that Iused with Creed because they fit so well, but I'm even more in love with them now that they have the wetness indicator (seriously, a stripe that changes color to let you know when it's wet? Such a help when Ollie was sick and we were trying to keep track of wet diapers)
Movie of the Month:
500 Days of Summer - I know it's been out for a while, but we just got around to watching it when I was in the hospital after having Ollie. It's so beautifully made. Larry and I both loved it, but I think it helped knowing upfront that it's a movie about a couple that breaks up.
Old Movie of the Month:
Easter Parade - a classic with Fred Astaire and Judy Garland. I always find myself wanting to watch it when Easter rolls around. (Do you want me to continue to include old movies/musicals in my favorites of the month? Does that even interest any of you?)

Totally Unnecessary Splurge of the Month:
These Tiffin boxes from Target (although mine are blue and green, but I couldn't find a link). Now if it would just stop snowing so we could start picnicking!
Song of the Month:
Excuses by The Morning Benders - I'm loving the old school sound of this song right now. (Although I must admit, I'm not really sure about the lyrics)

3 comments:

Heather said...

love the favorites, esp. love the old movie section. Keep it.

Love you too, wish I could hold Ollie.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you about Excuses by The Morning Benders. I love how its so 60s sounding but I'm kinda embarrassed to play it for anyone because of the very first lyric...eesh.

Noelle and Corey said...

I loved 500 Days of Summer and Guernsey Literary Soc. as well. Can't wait to check our The Curious Garden, since I seem to share some of your tastes! Your new baby is a doll!